Saturday, February 9, 2008

House Full of Boys..Need Girlie Space..

A couple of weeks ago Eimilee and I worked on our craft room and our desk at the end of the hallway.. This hallway desk is where we right letters, sit and look through magazines for inspiration, or just sit and be still.. With all these boys sometimes we girls just need a break.
This drying rack was a Christmas present from my mom.. I forgot to post it sooner. I just love it. It is in my laundry room.

This is a vintage Kenmore I got off of freecycle. I am having a hard time finding info on it. It is model 605. It needs to be oiled and I can't even figure out how to wind bobbins on it. Help!

This telephone table is one of my favorites. It is at the end of the hallway.

This little desk I got at a moving sale for $10!

I love sitting in front of the fireplace to knit or sew by hand. The painting on the mantle were goodwill finds- .99 each!

Eimi and I organized all of our crafting books and mags..

Here is a portion of our yarn and fiber.

Here is our desk at the end of the hallway. You can see my drop spindles and knitting..

I found these window panes at a thrift store for $5 each.. I just love them.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

LOVE your girlie touches to your house!! I have a machine very similar to that, though mine is a light purple (LOOOVING the pink/mauve color of yours!). Its been a while since I've been able to use mine, but I'll see if I can find some info for you. I think I even have the booklets somewhere. I remember my bobbin winder being on the front panel of the machine sortof sticking out, just next to the reverse lever.

Beemoosie said...

Thanks for the tour!! I love all your girlie touches...

Debra said...

Thank you Beemoosie!

Lea of Farmhouse*Blessings said...

Thanks for sharing all of your lovely decorating & organizing ideas! Love that pink sewing machine ~ what could be more fun than that!

Blessings,
Lea