Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Not much going on..

I don't have much to share today.. I am tired.. It takes a lot out of me caring for my hubby, the 6 kids and having him home alllll the time. I am looking forward to him being able to go back to the office so we can establish a schedule again.
I did get to go thrifting yesterday while hubby was at the dr's. I found a mini quilt in mint condition, handmade, with embroidered cats in the center.. it is lovely- I will get a pic up soon. I got it for 50 cents! I found a wee bit of fabric.. a skirt for my daughter that she doesn't like- oh well- I love it- I will save it for when I have lost some weight. I stopped at our small thrift store today and found the book Emma by Jane Austen, a vintage picture and 2 whole bags of clothes (some to wear and some to use as fabric or to unravel for the yarn- including a silk skirt and a silk cashmere sweater) for $6!!
I am still working on my mini quilt. I am committed to hand sewing the whole thing. Ronna is coming by tomorrow with a box of quilting supplies and a bobbin winder so I can use my machine again (the bobbin winder had died). Yay! I can't wait. I have several quilting projects in my head. I am going to be doing random squares to educate myself in quilting for one.. the other is another mini quilt for a swap I am in.
I leave you with some inspiring pictures.. I just love flickr.. My only wish- that more people would leave their blog address along with their pics so I can put that info in with pictures I share..

This is the baby of the family.. My Widgie.. Andrew

Vintage buttons- just love this bowl of buttons

This is the cutest mini quilt- a tree house.

A lovely patchwork of farmland

I love the colors here- like a quilt.

I love this skirt.. When I get skinny I am making myself one!

3 comments:

Lea of Farmhouse*Blessings said...

Oh my goodness, what wonderful treasures you have found. Would have just loved that Emma book as well! You're getting as good as Nancy Jo!

I will still get that quilt pattern out to you. We all got hit with flu and I'm afraid I'm behind schedule again ... but it will get there. The only good thing about this flu was that I did get to watch Sense & Sensibility AND Pride & Prejudice without interruption!

Take good care,
Lea

Sheila said...

Very cute skirt! I also love your button collection. I was searching for button sources today. I think I'll hit my local thrift shop.

Debra said...

Thanks Lea.. OOOO.. an opportunity to watch Sense and Sensibility and P&P without interuption is a goo thing! I watched the works of Jane Austen last night- it is a documentary of a bit of her life and a history of each of her novels. It was very good.
Sheila, thanks for visiting. The skirt and buttons are not mine.. :-( I like to post pictures that inspire me.. I found these pics on flickr..