Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thrifting and Sewing

I got to do some sewing this week.. The quilt top below are 4 vintage panels my Aunt gave me a year or so ago.. I just loved them but hadn't decided what to do with them. I finally decided that a quilt would look nice hanging on a wall in my fiber room- and this vintage one would be perfect. It needs to be ironed and I need to find a backing fabric.




I found this vintage picture for .25 at the thrift store the other day..

I just love this mini quilt. The white center is embroidered. It has a lovely cat fabric on the back. It will go on my wall of mini quilts.. I found it at the thrift store for .50! The maker even signed it.

This is a pin keeper I made about a week ago.

I found this quilt rack at the thrift store for $5. it is handmade.. It was my find of the day!

This is the bottom.

Today I am working on my first quilt following a pattern. I have done 9 patch squares but nothing ever from a pattern. I am having fun. As soon as it is done I will take pictures!

8 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

DEBRA,
Lots of good stuff!!! Don't you just love that quilt rack??? That was a really good find.
Good job on your quilts, and that little thrift store quilt is so cute.
NANCY JO

Debra said...

Thanks Nancy Jo. I love the quilt rack.. now I need to fill it.

Beemoosie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!!! I love the vintage squares you put together, and the wall hanging! Beautiful!

Susan K. in California said...

You just find the coolest stuff! Love it!!! I don't drive and this is a time in my life when I don't get out much. I totally miss going thrift-shopping. So I'm going to live vicariously through you here. :-)

Lea of Farmhouse*Blessings said...

Love, love, love that little mini cat quilt! What a great start for your mini quilt wall!

I almost have one made. It is 6 little ohio stars made with northwoods style fabric. It has been fun. Can't wait to see yours!

Hugs,
Lea

Lee said...

Debra,

You found some neat stuff. The little kitty quilt is so sweet. I love little quilts too! We seem to like the same things. My favorite quilt fabric is Moda. You have inspired me to start quilting again, and maybe post some quilt things on my blog.

Patty said...

You are such a busy gal Debra..I love the goodies you found and the quilt is so pretty

Debra said...

Thank you all for all the kind comments. Lea, I am also working on an Ohio star mini quilt.. Susan, I am fortunate the all of my favorite thrift stores are right near my grocery stores. so I always run in for a quick check while in town. The last time I went I found 2 little house movies, 2 Christy movies and a old Madeline movie.for .99 each
Patty, thanks for stopping by.. I check your blog daily- sometimes twice a day- I am addicted!
Lee- I love Moda too! I was just blessed with a whole bookshelf worth of fabric- all good stuff!! and free! what a treasure!